in Cross-Cultural Setting
Successful project management can be measured by answering four simple questions.
« Are we within scope? » , « Are we on time? » ,
« Are we in budget and can we meet our quality goals? »
Leading complex projects in a mono-cultural environment is challenging but hitting these goals in a multicultural environment requires something more – a nuanced understanding of how different cultures work together.
Team leaders often focus on goals and milestones without considering how cross-cultural differences lead to miscommunications, demotivate staff and ultimately contribute to costly delays.
This one-day interactive workshop focuses on improving cultural awareness through practical tools to build a unified team.
Our focus on building on similarities and not getting ‘bogged down’ in differences powerfully brings together project management best practice with the unlimited potential of a multicultural workplace.
Some elements of the workshop:
- What « culture » is and how it shapes our perceptions
- Cultural values and how they impact on teamwork
- Overcoming cultural differences while preparing and leading projects
- How to build trust and communicate effectively across cultures
- How to develop intercultural competencies
- Experience exchange among the workshop participants
Benefits for you
- Greater awareness of intercultural competencies
- Greater understanding of different cultural values and the potential impact of these on key issues such as time management, communication and relationships.
- A practical understanding of how to overcome challenges in cross-cultural projects
- A checklist for effective communication
- Enhanced cultural competencies for success in a global workplace
Benefits for your organisation
- Reduced risk of critical incidents and miscommunications among employees
- Reduced risk of project delays or failure
- Improved performance of multicultural teams
- Greater cultural awareness among employees
- Stronger global profile for your business
Are you interested? Want to learn more about this wokshop?
+41 (0)79 175 2100